January 18, 2014

The Fuel to My Photography Fire...


I bought a camera (Nikon D3000) in August of 2013.
I got the recommendation from my cousin's wife who is a fabulous photographer.  I figured I should ask an expert rather than jumping on Amazon and shelling out 1000's.

I loved the camera from Day 1.  Only problem - I didn't know what in God's name I was doing.  So the camera sat in the case for several months.  I went about my business and time just rolled on.

Then I got inspired.  A fellow teacher blogger shared a post about her own DSLR.  That was it.  I had the equipment.  I had the time.  Classes/lessons were available (somewhere).  What the heck was I waiting on???  

I got on FB and asked for some Beginner Class suggestions.  They suggested Joe at F8 Atlanta.  Little did I know this was going to be the lighter fluid to my photography fire!  I am so thankful that I spent that December afternoon at his studio learning what all those dang buttons and settings meant.  Time and money well spent!

I came home and took some pics of my Christmas decor:
And that's when I fell in love…with photography.

Ever since that first class, my camera is always with me.  At home, out to eat, on trips…you never know when an awesome photo op will arise!

So I'm excited to say that I'll be adding photography to the list of things I'll be blogging about!


No comments:

Post a Comment