October 10, 2013

Day Two - Killer Cardio


Today was my second day back in the gym in months.  I've gotten to that point where I'm not happy about myself - the way I look, the way I feel.  I'm starting to hit numbers and sizes I don't like.  I'm over 20 pounds heavier than I was in high school.  So instead of sitting on the couch eating White Cheddar popcorn and pouting about my weight, it was time to get my butt up and do something about it.

Yesterday started on the elliptical.
I got a little over excited and tried to do 30 minutes.  Ha!  I barely made it to 20...but hey, you gotta start somewhere.  :)  Then I did a combo of fast-paced walking/running on the treadmill.  I did a mile and had to take a breather.

Today went a little better.  I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and did my mile on the treadmill.  I'm so excited to be getting back into the groove of things.  It feels good to get in the gym, turn up my music, and grind it out on the machines.  

Here's a quote that I found on Pinterest:
This is so true and was thing that got me off the couch.  I've since printed two copies - one is on my bathroom mirror and the other is in my car.  I love this kind of motivation!

Hope this quote can be just as motivational to you as it was to me.  :)

- Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment