October 11, 2013

Glee's Tribute/Celebration of Cory's Character


I've always been a fan of Glee.  I normally hate musicals, but Glee always has the best balance of acting, singing, and creating amazing plots.  Last night's episode was above and beyond amazing!  They couldn't have written a better tribute to Cory.  This moment of Kurt putting on Finn's letterman jacket was another tear-jerker moment.
I DVR'd it last night (because of football and other shows that were recording) and had to watch it this morning.  OMGosh - I was crying within the first 3 minutes.  I continued to cry with each scene and song.  I thought they used an incredible selection of songs.  Those fabulous songs along with the excruciating pain the cast was going through led me to use almost half a box of Kleenex.

But I thought it was therapeutic in a way for the cast to talk about it together and let the tears flow.  When we lose people in such a way as Cory was lost, it's inconceivable how tough it is for the family and friends who are left behind to move forward.  I can only pray for peace of mind and strength for anyone who has experienced this.

I love that some of the cast spoke after the episode.  I totally agree that we can't always tell when people close to us are having problems and need help.  I didn't think the tribute needed to be about his drug abuse or try to focus on the loss of him.  I'm glad they took this opportunity to celebrate his life. 

What did y'all think of the episode?

- Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment